About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Exams/My Return to England

STRESS!! That is the gist of my first week or two back in England. Being the procrastinator that I am, I did not work on any of my essays while I was at home. I figured that would happen, so my original goal was to have them completed before I even left England. That goal was also not reached and all three essays were due just five days after I got back. One was a sociological essay on Earth First!, one was on Freud, and another was on Darwinian evolution. I hadn't even done the research for the essay on Freud, but like normal I was able to pull it off. I put the finishing touches on them the day before they were due.

Unfortunately my work did not end there. My exam on the British Welfare State was the day after my essays were due and I had to prepare to write three more essays for the exam. Its a seen exam so I had the topics. I had all three essays outlined with dates and important acts. I was ready to beast the exam, and you know what I did?..I slept through it. I am still not even sure how it happened. It is possible that I accidently took my left over sleep aids instead of the Advil I was intending to take, but it is also equally probable that my body was just exhausted from all the late nights I had been having. Either way, I awoke in a panic and spent the rest of the week trying to fix the problem I had created. Now I have to wait and take the exam at Hendrix in August. I will have to prepare for a different set of prompts and study all over again. I just hope I will not forget too much until then. 

It was a very eventful time, and it definitely tested me. Maybe in some twisted way it was good for me. It let me see what I could handle, but I would be okay if I wasn't tested like that again...at least not for a while. I guess it is just a new story I can tell about my study abroad experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment