About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Camping in The Black Forest

Yay, camping! Freiburg is a gorgeous town. I could definitely live there for a while. It's completely surrounded by the Black Forest and has a good sized student population. Also so many people bike there and I love that. We explored the area for a bit when we got there and did some grocery shopping. We were camping in a tent, but unfortunately we had no sleeping bags. At first it didn't seem as if it would be an issue, but we were so wrong. It was incredibly cold. 

Thankfully the next day was actually hot and we went hiking. You could definitely do a lot of hiking there if the weather was nice. We found this abandoned tower that you could climb  up and get a view of the entire city. But it was not easy. In fact it was a bit terrifying. Definitely an adrenaline rush. Sometimes Ally and I have awesomely bad ideas.

And then it rained. Well it didn't really rain until that night, but still. Ally and I were a bit more prepared for the night and we were both wearing basically all of our clothes. I think I had on about 5 shirts but I was still incredibly cold. Do not think you can camp without a sleeping bag in Germany. It is a bad idea. And we didn't have the warmth of the sun to heat us. Up in the morning 'cause the rain really cooled things off. Since everything was wet and we were still so cold, we decided to just hang out in the campsite and do a bit of reading. I even managed to catch up on the blog. 

Seven managed to make it through the next night and then we were off to Cologne.

No comments:

Post a Comment