About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Dancing At Its Finest

Wednesday I went to my first Ceilidh (kay-lee) and was taught Morris dancing. Basically its a type of folk/line/square dancing and if I ever had to replicate one of the dances again I would be out of luck. However at the time, I could sort of manage the step and did an okay job at the whole affair. It actually turned out to be way more tiring than I had imagined. There was a bunch of galloping down lines of people, weaving through arms, and changing partners. Despite the lack of alcohol (which I am told is one of the main features of a traditional Ceilidh), I had an amazing time.

Seeing as how the gathering ended at a mere 10, we followed it up by hitting a couple of clubs and participating in more modern dancing until 3 or 4. 

And just so everyone knows, despite my clumsiness, I did not trip or fall over while dancing. Although to be honest, I did run into a couple of people but I was not alone in that regard.

1 comment: