About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Starting the Week Off With Heartbreak


Tuesday I went with some friends to watch a film called Call Me Kuchu , which documented the plight of LGBT activists in Uganda. It was an extremely well done documentary and I bawled my eyes out. The film focused on a few activists and the work they were doing. While the film was being shot LGBT people were being outed in magazines and legislation It was heartbreaking and I switched between crying out of anger and out of sadness. Then there would be these moments when the subjects just got be themselves and be with their friends and you just couldn't help but smiling because at least in those moments they seemed so happy. At the end my emotions were so jumbled that I gave up on trying to differentiate between them. I could seriously go on a huge rant about it all, but I am going to hold back. I just want to recommend this film to everyone. 

...Oh, and if you need a bit of a pick me up afterwards, and you will, go out and get some curry with friends. At least that worked for me. 

1 comment: