About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Moscow State Circus

A few weeks ago I went to the Moscow State Circus with my flatmates, Jasmine and Tiffany. Its been years since I've been to a circus and this one was definitely different from the ones I had experienced back home.

First off I forgot how creepy circus clowns are. I'm not sure if these particular clowns were creepier than others or I am just older, but they were pretty terrifying. The circus had an actual plot line and these two clowns were in search of an inheritance which had been hidden in one of the dinning room chairs that had just been sold in an auction. So you would have episodes of them finding the different chairs broken up by different circus acts. The circus acts were acrobatic feats involving hula hoops, jump ropes, juggling, quick changes, and the like.
At first I kind of wish I hadn't gone but after a while I warmed up to the circus and really enjoyed myself. Honestly my favorite part was just hearing how excited the kids in the audience were.  

No comments:

Post a Comment