About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Remember, Remember

Three days ago it was the 5th of November and since I am in England it was a big deal. The weekend before   there were huge bonfire nights. I would have gone with some friends from my Sociology class, but I was in Scotland with Jasmine. We would have gone in Scotland, but I was sick and could not stop coughing and sneezing (thankfully the meds my parents gave me before I left are fixing that).

However I still got to enjoy some of the festivities on the actual day. Even though it was a Monday people were still out celebrating. From my window I could see a huge bonfire and fireworks going off all around the city. For some reason there seems to always be fireworks going off in Bradford, but on this particular day it was just insane. They were going off all night! I knew it was a big deal, but I had definitely underestimated it. Unfortunately I saw no Guy Fawkes effigies or masks, but maybe I would have if I had been out in the thick of it or in a bigger city.

Now I have this incredible craving to watch V for Vendetta.

No comments:

Post a Comment