About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Election

It has been nice to not have to deal with the election over the past month or two. I didn't have to hear anyone argue over who should win, and when I got annoyed by the increasingly constant Facebook updates I could just log off. I sort of kept up to date with everything. I already knew where I stood with the candidates so I just watched a couple of the debates on YouTube.Scotland was the only time I had to watch any news coverage of the election and that's because it was on the TV in the pub we ate at. I'm sure it was in the news more frequently, but I don't have access to a TV so I was spared. 

When I went to bed on Tuesday Romney was 20 electoral points ahead and had just taken Ohio...I think. It wasn't until the fire drill that I was told that Obama was still president. Honestly I am just glad the whole election is over. 

Overall the people that I have talked to here seem thrilled that Obama won, but I am sure there are some who aren't. It's just not possible for everyone to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know how lucky you are that you were spared. Everyone turning on one another. Even squirrels starting turning on one another. Brutal stuff.

    ReplyDelete