About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jamnesty and The Coopers

Last night was a wonderful change of pace. Instead of going to a "club" (I mean its Bradford so I wouldn't really call them clubs) I went to Jamnesty in the Amp Bar on Floor 0 of the student union, or as I like to phrase it "the bar below the library." Most of my friends are in the Peace Studies department and the department had paired up with Amnesty International to put on this open mic/concert night. There was a girl who played Dylan's "Don't Think Twice Its Alright" on the ukulele, a pair who played acoustic versions of a handful of popular songs, and then two bands. I don't remember the name of the first band but they were surprisingly good, but the second band, The Coopers, was just amazing. They were a blast and were very conducive to crazy dancing. Actually, one of their songs was on The Inbetweeners. 
It was nice to be able to sit and chat with friends because I haven't seen them in about a month because of all my travels, but it was just as lovely to be able to dance to some live music.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I am jealous. Either we don't have cool events here, or I don't hear about them. Also the campus is really far away.

    ReplyDelete