About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Friday, May 24, 2013

An English Market and An Abbey/Castle

The last leg of the trip, before meeting up with my mum and the Sloans, was in Cashel. I had been there before, but only as a brief stop on a day trip from Dublin to Blarney Castle.
But before we even got there we made a stop in Cork to eat at the English Market. It wasn't the best food market I had been too, but it was nice. We had a rather yummy leek and pork sausage and some crab claws, but not all the food was good. My dad made me try these "fish eyes" which were olives with pimentos wrapped in anchovies. It was tone of the most disgusting things I have ever eaten and the taste lingered with you because of the oil. I could only eat one and I am not even sure how I managed to swallow it.
Then we made it to Cashel and had the second best dinner of the trip. It was in a converted abbey/cathedral and we had the best lamb I have ever eaten there. I'm not really sure how but my dad ate enough food for at least 2 people, probably more. 
The next day we visited the castle/abbey that I had visited in October. It was much more crowded now, but it was also warmer. I guess its a bit of a trade off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment