About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Once More Before I Go

Somehow I found my way back to London, and the weekend was jam packed with things to do. I met Rachel and Elizabeth at Borough Market and we made our way over to the London Bridge and the tower. The weather was so phenomenal that I was in short sleeves...NO JACKET! And then Elizabeth decided to torture us. She had been going on and on about this capoeira class that her friend teaches on Friday so we agreed to go. It is a Brazilian martial arts which combines music and dance. Don't get me wrong it was a lot of fun, but we were definitely feeling it the rest of the weekend. I don't think I was back to walking normally until Monday or Tuesday. Granted I haven't worked out since last semester, but I have been doing a heck of a lot of walking.

Despite our soreness and stiffness we spent the next day exploring Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, and it was a princess wonderland. During our picnic lunch we attracted a mass of pigeons. We had them eating bread out of our hands and landing on our hands. Rachel even made a friend in a one-eyed pigeon that liked to land on Elizabeth's head. So after we caught the plague we fed ducks and swans and eventually a very courageous squirrel. But then we moved indoors to explore the Science Museum and learn about alchemy and code deciphering. At one point we misplaced Rachel but we eventually met back up. Oh, and I got to climb a tree!
After our very fun and full day we headed off to Roadhouse, a club underneath a market.

Then next day we were back on our feet and wandering through the Columbia Road Flower Market and Camden Market. We even picked up some awesome Jack Daniels t-shirts for our tailgating adventures next year. Of course, you can't go to a market without getting a bite to eat so I grabbed a kangaroo burger 'cause its hard to pass up kangaroo. I could have spent all day there, but we had to hightail it back to Elizabeth's flat to grab dinner before the concert.
Rachel gets full credit for introducing me to Keston Cobbler's Club and they didn't disappoint. The other two acts were also really good but I am blanking on their names so you will just have to take my word for it. It was just a lovely musical night, and the venue was perfectly sized.

The next morning Rachel had to leave fairly early so only sleepy goodbyes were exchanged, but I still had a half day left in London. Elizabeth and I had a pleasant picnic in Kensington Gardens and chilled with our squirrel friend for a bit. We even managed to attract a hot Australian guy towards us because of our squirrel friendship so the Disney princess thing is not a complete sham.

And that was it. Goodbye for quite some time London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment