About Me

Alabama, United States
Originally this blog was just a journal of my year studying abroad in England, but now its just my life. I can't seem to sit still so most of it is travel related, but who knows where it will go from here. Don't be fooled by the name. I LOVE to travel, I'm just not always merry.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stop 2: ENNIS

Ennis was our Irish music stop. There was an Irish music festival going on while we were there so we got to listen to banjos and fiddles and guitars and concertinas and acordians and reeds. Also everyone was ridiculously welcoming. At this one music thing we went to they let anyone who wanted to join in. People played instruments, sang songs, recited poems, and danced. Even my dad and I joined in with the dancing. Turns out I've never actually seen my dad dance, and there is definitely a reason for that. He wasn't too bad though.

The mission for the next day was the Cliffs of Moher. They were extremely dramatic and intense. I would not want to fall of there 'cause if the fall didn't kill you the freezing water would make you wish that it did. We even managed to hike along the cliffs and away from the tourists. Although they were dramatic I prefer the cliffs we found on the way to Moher. They were on a golf course and overlooked a precious bay. The wind was a bit pushy but it just added to the experience. If it wasn't for the car we would never have seen them. Its nice just being able to stop wherever you want to. 

That night, back in Ennis, we enjoyed some more fine music. We actually kind of got caught by this one group. They were just so welcoming and offered us tea and biscuits. We actually felt the need to sneak out when we were ready to leave because they were just so nice. And then we went to a pub to see Socks in the Frying Pan. I went because of the name, but they were really good. YAY, Irish music!

No comments:

Post a Comment